Copy transformation - various problems?

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Copy transformation - various problems?

Post by davidh »

The command Copy does not start the transformation, unless you have opened with at least one loaded image in the image browser. But not always, as it depends on what was closed and in what order.

Start PWP
Click the Copy command -> nothing happens
Load an immage
Click the Copy command -> Copy dialog opens
Close the dialog by the "x" and then the input image
Click again the Copy command (with the empty browser) -> Copy dialog opens

The following scenarios happen at random. I have hardly ever managed to reproduce then repeatedly in a row.

load an image
open the Copy dialog -> now you have the loaded image thumbnail and flat empty copy thumbnail
close the loaded image -> now you have the flat empty copy thumbnail
close the flat empty copy thumbnail -> PWP sometimes crashes

load an image
open the Copy dialog
close the loaded image
load an image as the input to Copy dialog
close the copy image thumbnail -> PWP sometimes crashes
---------------
The described scenarios themselves do not cause the crash. It must be together with some coincidence that preceds them. The critical point seems to be closing the copy thumbnail. Everything happens with the Copy dialog open.

------
I have even managed to load as the input to the Copy dialog an image that was no longer in the browser, which resulted in a crash

--------
If these descriptions are not enough to find the cause(s), I will try to find more details.
----

Two additional observations:

If the Copy is repeatedly confirmed by OK, it just adds another flat empty thumbnail. Is this intended?

If you load an input image into the Copy dialog, the copy preview is displayed zoomed 1:1 and needs to be zoomed to fit.
jsachs

Re: Copy transformation - various problems?

Post by jsachs »

There was a problem with closing the last top level image causing the program to run amok which would account for a lot of random behavior. I have fixed this for the next release and it seems to work OK, but you might want to exercise it a bit as you may be doing something slightly different from what I am doing.

Copy was supposed to be grayed out with no images present since it can't really do anything useful unless there is at least one image for it to reference. That's why it did nothing when no images were present.

Until you specify an input image, it is normal for the output to be blank. Nothing in, nothing out.

I also fixed the zoom to fit problem.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color