Need help recreating a frame in PWP

Moderator: jsachs

oliverkalt

Need help recreating a frame in PWP

Post by oliverkalt »

I am trying to recreate title slide frames I am using or a while and really like. I was sure I could create these also in PWP and as a workflow, but am having a hard time.
See here what I am trying to recreate:

here is a process that recreates what my discontinued previous software did via template:
1. resize images to width 500px
2. blur a border of 6,6,6,44px (Gaussian,100%,8), using a rectangular mask
3. invert a line 1px wide with the brightness curve transform and a mask (<100%)
4. add text with label, month & year from macro, pick color from fitting spot of original picture (with better control than the previous template)
(a side note to 4: the 'Create month (full)' macro only produces the same abbreviation as the 'Create month (abbr.)' one in v7, v6 behaves as expected as well as 'Modify month')

I did all these steps successfully and saved as a workflow. but now I am not able to use the workflow for any of it as I am not able to use masks in the workflow even if I add breakpoints and want to pick them manually.
Also, the text widget does not seem to remember macro text like photo month & year.
I was hoping to only stop to enter a label text and pick a text color manually, but my entire process fell to pieces as my workflow does not work as I thought it would.

I would be very grateful for any help or hints on how to best do a process like this in PWP
thanks
oliver
ksinkel

Re: Need help recreating a frame in PWP

Post by ksinkel »

Oliver,

Send me your workflow (i.e. the wfl file) at support@dl-c.com and I will take a look at it.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
oliverkalt

Post by oliverkalt »

Thanks Kiril, you are amazing. you made it work faster than I could look for a response!
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

What was the answer? ;-)
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
oliverkalt

Post by oliverkalt »

Example Image after WFL
Example Image after WFL
OK_20130623_8622-final-Title[7].jpg (169.1 KiB) Viewed 3696 times
Title Slide Frame.zip
Workflow
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 325 times
I am not sure if I fully understand.
what Kiril did is very similar to what I had in mind, only his version works, mine did not. :-)
The posted workflow above starts from a full size image, but in aspect ratio 4x3, has a break point to set the text color, e.g. in the example image above it is manually picked from the glacier in the shade, close to the center of the image.

I think the problem was that I saved it from the history tab of a manually processed image. I thought that is the most efficient way, but I think it does not work with associating masks? But maybe it was just something entirely different I did. Bottom line: I step-by-step rebuilt the same workflow as I had saved from the history and then the masks worked just fine. Interestingly I could not take the WFL that Kiril sent to me and replace the masks I had even though they had the exact same pixel dimensions, just slightly different design.