Printer driver problem?

Moderator: jsachs

Staylor2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic Lumix G9

Printer driver problem?

Post by Staylor2 »

I have been running PWP5 on a Windows 2000 machine and doing all my printing on an Epson Stylus Photo 2200. I have been slowly migrating to a new computer running Windows 7 64 bit and have installed PWP6 64 bit and also the PWP7 64 bit Beta. The old computer has finally bit the dust and I am trying to set up the new computer for printing. I installed the Epson reccommended driver for Win7-64 bit and I can print to the 2200. However, when I bring up the Epson dialog and select the radio button for "ICM", it changes to ICM and then immediately jumps back to "Color Controls" and then just sits there. At this point, any mouse click on any of the options in the dialog window results in Picture Windows crashing. This happens for either version 6 or 7. If I print without trying to select "ICM", it prints fine except for the color being off. I do have color management enabled in both 6 and 7. I believe this is some kind of Windows printer driver issue but the fact that it crashes PW may be a clue as to what is the problem.
Steve Taylor
jsachs

Re: Printer driver problem?

Post by jsachs »

Other than checking for a more recent driver I don't have much to suggest.

In PWP's Print dialog box do you have a custom profile selected - if so does it still crash if you set the custom profile to None? Are Printer Curves enabled?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

In PWP's Print dialog box do you have a custom profile selected - if so does it still crash if you set the custom profile to None? Are Printer Curves enabled?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Charles2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-Pro 2

Post by Charles2 »

when I bring up the Epson dialog and select the radio button for "ICM", it changes to ICM and then immediately jumps back to "Color Controls"
Check whether the same thing happens when you open the Epson dialog more directly from

Code: Select all

Start | Control Panel | Devices and Printers | Epson... | Printer Preferences

In Windows7 the folder for printer profiles is

Code: Select all

C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color
Staylor2
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Panasonic Lumix G9

Post by Staylor2 »

I found that if I went to the printer preferences outside of PWP, it would crash in the same way. However, if I selected ICM first and then No Color Management and then select my paper type, etc., then it did not crash. Then I went back into PWP 7 and tried printing and when I selected the printer, it already had the ICM button selected and I could go ahead and print. The profile file was in the right place as I had already copied all my profiles from the old computer to the new one. The whole process just seemed to be very sensitive to the order in which I selected the options. I can't explain it but I guess I don't need to as long as it works.
Thanks
Steve Taylor