Disappearing PW6.0

Moderator: jsachs

JimF
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canion

Disappearing PW6.0

Post by JimF »

Hi Folks,
Strange problem (new). In PW 6.0, when I run my cursor over a toolbar (without clicking), PW6.0 and the image I'm working on disappear. Anyone ever have this problem?
Thanks, JimF
jsachs

Re: Disappearing PW6.0

Post by jsachs »

Which version of Windows are you using? In Windows 7 if you move the cursor near the lower left corner of the screen it hides all the active programs so you can see the desktop. I do this accidentally all the time. Windows 8 has even more hidden features activated by move the cursor near an edge of the screen.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
JimF
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canion

Post by JimF »

Thanks for the info. I have windows Vista. I'm beginning to suspect that one of the Windows updates has conflicted with PW6.0. I'll keep looking. Regards,
JimF
PS sorry for the double post
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

I too have Vista 32 Home Premium with SP2 and latest updates, but with PW Pro 6.0.10, and have not experienced what you describe.

Some things you might try/investigate:
(1) uninstall PW6/re-start/re-install PW6... be sure to note the serial number in the Help About dialog before un-installing...
(2) does PW and image disappear when you Restore Down the main program window and re-size to near full size?...
(3) When the main PW program window is at Maximum, does your tool bar lie on top of a Vista OS auto-hide Task Bar... ...if so try re-locating one or the other to a differing frame edge and/or un-check the Vista auto-hide Task Bar feature.

Just some things that came to mind...

...den...