PWP and graphics tablets

Moderator: jsachs

Rawcoll
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: GH2, G80, (Fuji XT-1)

Re: PWP and graphics tablets

Post by Rawcoll »

I thought I had minimized the effect that Lorin refers to, but when I look into it I think I must have been mistaken. That prompted me to do an internet search, and I believe it is possible to switch it off in Vista and W8, but not W7.

On the Wacom website: http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=2 ... ing#p44779 there is this statement.

"If you have a Win8 machine with a touchscreen, the effects can be disabled in a Windows control panel. For other configuration there is no such option and Wacom is in discussion with Microsoft about the best way to handle this. At the moment only a workaround with modifications in the registry is known."

But other than that, I use a Wacom Intuos 3 and like Marv I find it much better than a mouse for cloning and masking using the mask-spline tool, and hopefully less RSI inducing. But for some things I still use the mouse (clicking on folders for example, where I often find that rather than opening a folder I accidentally move it!). So end up switching between the two. Each to his own.

Edit. I've now looked at Lorin's last post and it seems that Viziblr presents software for automating the registry changes, for those wary of making such changes manually. Whether it can be 'undone' if things go awry I don't know, but there seem to be happy users.

Ian
Rawcoll
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: GH2, G80, (Fuji XT-1)

Post by Rawcoll »

The 'fix my pen' page is the automated way. You can also take a look at this: http://viziblr.com/news/2011/8/14/the-u ... windo.html which takes one through a manual configuration approach. The 'rings' problem still needs a registry change, but the author has provided a file that can be merged with the registry to provide a fix for this annoying problem (he also provides a file for reversing the change).

Ian
HanSch
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Pentax K5, Pentax K3 Mk. iii

Post by HanSch »

Thanks for the "fix my pen" solution, guys.
Everything works as it did in W-XP times ;-)