Timelapse

Moderator: jsachs

dallen24
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon Rebel Xsi

Timelapse

Post by dallen24 »

Hi. Just joined this board, hope someone here can help. I've been trying out some timelapse. Taking 30 second images, merging them 12 images/second into a video clip. So far so good. Now I want to try to keep a certain object centered. I'm thinking the composite tool, 2 point shift/rotate. Use one image as a base, shifting/rotating all subsequent images. So what settings should I use on the composite tool? I don't want to actually merge the first image with the second one, just use the first image for alignment to shift the second one. Any advice is appreciated.
keithrj
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 40D

Re: Timelapse

Post by keithrj »

Welcome to the board. To answer your question, you need to use the "Register" operation and I would suggest you use the "One Point (Shift)" alignment mode. As you are doing time lapse I will assume you are using a tripod so there should be no rotation of the camera between images. If you want to rotate any image then use the "Two Point (Shift/Rotate)" alignment mode. The other Alignment methods allow you to stretch/squash the image to aligh multiple points.
keithrj

Post by keithrj »

Welcome to the board. To answer your question, you need to use the "Register" operation and I would suggest you use the "One Point (Shift)" alignment mode. As you are doing time lapse I will assume you are using a tripod so there should be no rotation of the camera between images. If you want to rotate any image then use the "Two Point (Shift/Rotate)" alignment mode. The other Alignment methods allow you to stretch/squash the image to align multiple points.
keithrj

Post by keithrj »

Welcome to the board. To answer your question, you need to use the "Register" operation and I would suggest you use the "One Point (Shift)" alignment mode. As you are doing time lapse I will assume you are using a tripod so there should be no rotation of the camera between images. If you want to rotate any image then use the "Two Point (Shift/Rotate)" alignment mode. The other Alignment methods allow you to stretch/squash the image to align multiple points.
dallen24
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon Rebel Xsi

Post by dallen24 »

I'll try it. Thanks for the reply (3 times).
keithrj

Post by keithrj »

Network hiccups and I got impatient and hit the buttons a few times which posted three time :-( No way to delete posts either :-(