Add Border Edge Artifact

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

jfoster
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon/5DMIII

Add Border Edge Artifact

Post by jfoster »

AddBorderProblem.jpg
AddBorderProblem.jpg (37.49 KiB) Viewed 2322 times
I used the Add Border transformation to add a border to the left and right of an image, in preparation to warp a portion of the left and right edges of the image so that I would end up with an aspect ratio that I required. As shown in the screen-shot, even though the border pixels were only supposed to be added to the left and right edges, there is a white artifact added to the top of the resulting image.

Jeff
jsachs

Re: Add Border Edge Artifact

Post by jsachs »

This may be an artifact of the display and not part of the underlying image. Does it go away at 1:1?

Unlike PWP 7 which zooms in past 1:1 by pixel replication, PWP 8 allows non-integer zoom factors so it fills the available space when zoomed to fit. The resulting image resampling can produce artifacts like the one you are seeing if you zoom past 1:1, but they are not part of the image. For photographic images, this is usually not noticeable, but for extremely sharp edges you can get a 1 pixel edge blur.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jfoster
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon/5DMIII

Post by jfoster »

_G7H0954_DxO_Nik v7.jpg
_G7H0954_DxO_Nik v7.jpg (20.48 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
No. It's in there. See attached image.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I do see a difference between PWP 7 and 8 -- I'll take a closer look.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color