A cosmetic one and a mystery

Please use this forum to post bug reports, feature requests, tips, etc. for beta versions of Picture Window Pro 8

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

A cosmetic one and a mystery

Post by davidh »

1. Double-click the top level image to display the File Open box.
2. Choose Select files and load a different image -> the preview window shows the new image, but the preview title bar still shows the name of the previous image.
The top level thumbnail is active, but you still have to click on it to refresh the preview title bar.
3. Cancel the File Open step and confirm the abandoning message box -> this time the title bar gets refreshed and reverts to the previous image name

-------

Now, to the File Open feature. It has happenned twice to me that when I loaded a different image its propagation through the tree stopped at Three Zone Adjustment and did not continue further leaving the previous image downstream below the Three Zone transformation.
Re-runing the Three Zone Adjustment corrected the problem as well as reloading the image using File Open window.

I have failed to simulate it so far. The only information I can provide:

- It happened in two different workspaces, however one might have been a saved copy of the other one, I do not remember.
- In both cases it happend just under a split box, once in the cloned branch and next time in the original branch.
- The tree looked like this: top level image, Crop, Resize, split, Three zone, Conditional Curve, and some other transformations.
- The Zone transformation previewed the new image but did not propagate it downstream.
- What is interesting is that it did not show its transformation effect in the preview either, but it did propagate it further so it was visibly applied downstream but on the wrong previous image.

This way the mystery created this curious situation:
1. The correct image in Three Zone preview without transformation visibly applied.
2. The wrong image downstream with correctly applied Three Zone transformation.
jsachs

Re: A cosmetic one and a mystery

Post by jsachs »

I fixed the File Open problem for the next release.

I also found and fixed a bug that may or may not have been related to what you were seeing.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color