IPTC Support

Moderator: jsachs

ksinkel

IPTC Support

Post by ksinkel »

I have created a new thread for the IPTC question.

PWP 6 adds support for displaying/editing IPTC Keyword, Location, City, State/Province and Country fields. This function is available by clicking the User Comments button in the Properties dialog. (Properties are available from the right-click menus in the image window, the browser and the properties tab in the raw dialog.)

If the image has GPS information, you can use the Map function to decode the coordinate information and paste it into the Location fields.

The user comments dialog also displays/edits the EXIF description, artist and copyright fields.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
mjdl
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nokia N8-00

Re: IPTC Support

Post by mjdl »

I'm thinking of signing up on Flickr in particular, but two IPTC enhancements would be generally useful and complete the IPTC support: is there any chance of a PWP6 update that adds writable IPTC:Caption-Abstract (i.e. the image description) and IPTC:ObjectName (i.e. the image title) fields? These are all indexed by most desktop file indexing software as well--whether Windows built-in or from other vendors. (I'm still debating the PWP5->PWP6 upgrade.)
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: IPTC Support

Post by tomczak »

I believe that PWP Comments is a mixture of IPTC and EXIF fields. Would it be possible to label the fields with their standard tag names, separating the IPTC from EXIF - it can sometimes be hard to match the PWP common names from the names of fields other programmes are using. Cheers.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com