Precise Gaussian

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Precise Gaussian

Post by Robert Schleif »

Some time ago Precise Gaussion was augmented by the addition of a cancel button that allowed termination of the transformation which was most helpful. Even now however, when restoring a workplace containing a Precise Gaussian transformation, the cancel button does not appear. It would be nice to be able to halt the transformation, and still better would be the ability to halt the transformation and bypass and allow following transformations to proceed as though Precise Gaussian were not there.
jsachs

Re: Precise Gaussian

Post by jsachs »

In File Preferences, you can select Hide Progress Bars to restore progress bar display during script loading. Adding an optional bypass is maybe not such a good idea since you can end up saving an image after the Precise Gaussian which does not get accurately restored when you rerun the script.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Thank you.
Might it make sense for the default behavior of PWP be showing the progress bars while running scripts?
If Precise Gaussian were bypassed while a script was being run and the script included a file save transformation, wouldn't the file that is saved have a higher version number so that a previous file save would not be overwritten and lost?
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I did figure out a way to make this work which I am working on for the next release:

If you cancel the transformation, PWP will ask if you want to result to be Error or if you want to modify the image tree to bypass the transformation. This will let you continue while keeping the script consistent with the subsequent images. If you choose the Bypass option you will need to remember to un-bypass the transformation if you want to re-activate it. For now I am doing this just for Precise Gaussian, but the same mechanism could work for any transformation. It will take effect any time the transformation is recalculated, except when the transformation is open. Of course, this only happens during Batch or Script loading if the File Preferences are set to display progress bars.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Thank you for addressing this.
Precise Gaussian is the only transformation that my workflow uses for which the ability to bypass during execution of a script would be useful.