Update Available - Version 8.0.409

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Version 8.0.409

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 8.0.409 (26-Dec-2023)
Download Link: https://www.dl-c.com/Downloads.html

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Show Dependencies: reworked this command. See the updated help file for details.

Paint tool: added Add and Subtract modes. Subtract mode works well for painting out flare light and raindrops.

Updated LibRaw to Version 0.21.2.

Updated ExifTool to 12.71.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Update Available - Version 8.0.409

Post by tomczak »

I just want to comment that the implementation of the Dependencies command turned out great - in the spirit of the Don't Make Me Think.

There was one thing that 'made me think a little' initially. If I follow the Indirect say upstream dependency in a complex workflow, the focus moves to that auxiliary transformation, and the list of dependencies updates accordingly. Initially, I didn't know how to go back to the transformation I came from - which is (obviously now) the inverse of it - the downstream indirect dependency.

But I was thinking that since an auxiliary transformation can have multiple dependencies itself, perhaps there is a way of marking/colouring somehow the previous transformation that was in focus (i.e. the one that brought me to the current one) so that going back would be unambiguous and require no thinking whatsoever :-)
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Maybe a back button.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

I have one more comment - with the understanding that this is purely my stream of consciousness and it is way beyond nitpicking. Everything works fine, it's just interesting how at least my mind seems to work.

'M' stands for mask. 'I' stands fot indirect. It just happens that the capital 'I' also resembles a vertical line or the number 1 next to the up and down arrows, and it takes me a second to realize what it really stands for. I have no no such problem with the letter 'M'. If e.g. an 'A' stood for auxiliary I would probably 'click' faster...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com