Progress bar

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Progress bar

Post by Robert Schleif »

When Precise Gaussian is running, a progress bar is displayed. It is not displayed when a script is processing the Precise Gaussian transformation. It would be useful if it did.
jsachs

Re: Progress bar

Post by jsachs »

Progress bars in all transformations are suppressed during scripts as this otherwise leads to a lot of flashing -- instead, there is a script in progress message that goes away when the script runs to completion. The Image Browser lets you monitor the progress of the script as it works through all the transformations and the screen now updates after each one is computed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

In some of the images that I work with Precise Gaussian takes five or more minutes to run. Seeing the progress of Precise Gaussian when running a script containing such a transformation or restoring a workplace containing such a transformation would be comforting. At least in the images that I work with, no other transformation would need a progress bar.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I am thinking maybe the progress bar for scripts could be displayed in the caption bar of the current thumbnail, with the cyan bar gradually filling the caption background.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

That's clever and seems like it would be useful, at least to me.