Mask Add/Subtract

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Mask Add/Subtract

Post by Marpel »

Suggesting a feature request, which may already exist, if so please direct me.

I have a two monitor setup, on which I relegate the second screen for Tool Dialogues.

I do a lot of freehand masking, some often fairly zoomed-in and detailed, in fact just finished one which took me quite a while to complete. As these can be quite intricate, I also often use a tablet and pen.

I find myself constantly going back and forth between the image, on one screen, and the Dialogue, on the other screen, mostly to use the Add and Subtract buttons to erase and redo a slight miss/overshoot. I find this process cumbersome and time consuming, and as the program and dual monitors does not play particularly well with the pen tool (sometimes jumps out of position when going between the monitors) it can also be somewhat distracting.

With that in mind, is there a way to set up a hot-key to toggle between the Mask Add and Subtract buttons, so one can keep the pen (or cursor) and attention on the area being worked on while hitting a key with the other hand?

Marv
jsachs

Re: Mask Add/Subtract

Post by jsachs »

The F3 and F4 keys set mask add and subtract.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Excellent. Thanks Jonathan.
pierrelabreche
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon Z8

Post by pierrelabreche »

jsachs wrote: December 4th, 2023, 4:19 pm The F3 and F4 keys set mask add and subtract.
Good to know ! Thanks for sharing.
Would it be possible, during mask edition, to include mask add and subtract setting as right-click menu items on the input image ? Thus, this mode setting would be handily available from the pointing device and would become manifest (in plain sight).