Need help with PWPro 7.020 ?

Moderator: jsachs

Bernard

Need help with PWPro 7.020 ?

Post by Bernard »

I don't know if PWPro is still supported, but I am a very long term user and maybe someone could help please ?

Under Windows 10 20H2, PWPro 7.020 crashes when I go to color management or when I try to print.
I get an 'Application error ' ID 1000 , category (100) , exception code 0xc000041d in the Windows event log.
All other functions of PWP work ok.

I am so used to PWP 7 and would like to continue using it .
Thanks for your help.
Bernard
jsachs

Re: Need help with PWPro 7.020 ?

Post by jsachs »

I do not have the ability to debug version 7 any more, but I recall that certain ICC profiles could causing PWP to crash if they were present in the system profile folder (typically C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color). What I suggest is that you move most of the icm and icc files out of this folder to a temporary folder somewhere else and then run PWP. If it stops crashing, try adding profiles back to the folder a few at a time to find the one(s) that are causing problems. If that does not fix the problem, please post a screen shot of your Color Management settings and I will check if there is anything suspicious.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Thanks a lot Jonathan, I will try that
Bernard
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Hi Jonathan,

Your advice was excellent, I found the 'guilty' icc profile, not used by PWPro but causing it to crash when present in the icc folder.
For info, it was an icc profile provided by a print shop (WhiteWall) and called : WhiteWall_ICC_ultraHD_Fuji_Maxima_glossy.icc (2667 KB !)

Thank you Jonathan !
Bernard
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

There were some bugs in PWP 7 regarding reading certain icc profiles which I fixed for PWP 8.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Bernard

Post by Bernard »

Yes, PWP 8 is working OK, but I am still using PWP 7 for some tasks.
Bernard