Color Lookup use and Transformations PDF TOC/Bookmarks

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Color Lookup use and Transformations PDF TOC/Bookmarks

Post by tomczak »

Can I be given an example of practical use of the new Color Lookup transformation?

Also a suggestion: I download the new Transformations white paper PDF. I was looking for 'Lookup' alphabetically, couldn't find it, then finally figured out it is under 'Color Lookup'. I was thinking that it could be useful to have table of content to navigate this long PDF.

In Google Docs, for instance, an automated TOC based on Headings (i.e. Transformations in this case) can be easily inserted and the links from TOC to headings are preserved when exported to PDF. Another one I know is WPS Office that can export heading as PDF bookmarks when PDF file is created from a document.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Color Lookup use and Transformations PDF TOC/Bookmarks

Post by jsachs »

Color Lookup is mostly useful if you want to apply a pre-existing cube file that you have downloaded from the internet or otherwise obtained. There are collections of these that you can download if you google cube files. These files are like presets in some other programs that let you quickly apply a certain look to images.

Within PWP, a cube file can serve as a shortcut for applying a series of brightness and color modifications. You apply these to an RGB Cube test pattern and then use Color Lookup to create a new cube file. Color lookup can also apply this cube file to other images.

I have added a TOC to Transformations.pdf for the next release. Sorry for the inconsistent naming.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Color Lookup use and Transformations PDF TOC/Bookmarks

Post by tomczak »

Thanks for TOC in the Transformations PDF! I checked if the links from TOC to sections work, and they do. One comment, probably not worth looking into: I looked into the Color Lookup section of the PDF, which contains links to 'RGB Cube' and 'Color Curves'. The links in PDF don't work, but similar links in the Help File work as intended.

Also, in my copy of Transformations PDF, I made a PDF bookmark for TOC to easily return to it from any page.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com