Preview image window - right click zoom and copy

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Preview image window - right click zoom and copy

Post by tomczak »

This may be a little far-fetched, but I'll share it.

I had a single top-level image, with a single branch of transformations. Two observations:

I intuitively right-clicked on it trying to zoom (or toggle) between full image and 1:1. Then I realized that I should Alt-scroll or use the zoom buttons in top instead

Then I tried 'Convert to Copy', which worked as I should have expected it - it converted the Open Image to Copy, but the top level image was gone (it is fairly easy to go to Open Recent command, reopen it and then point Copy to it).

I guess my convoluted point is that it all works fine, just, because I wasn't thinking right, I intuitively expected something different to happen when right-clicking or Converting to Copy - Skinner's operant-conditioning on other application seems to work... :-)
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Preview image window - right click zoom and copy

Post by jsachs »

Currently right-clicking on an image in the main image area is the same as right-clicking on its thumbnail in the image browser. It would probably make more sense to do something different in the main image area which retaining items like Image Info... -- any suggestions?

Just out of curiosity, what did you expect Convert to Copy to do?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Preview image window - right click zoom and copy

Post by tomczak »

Logically, what it actually did, but the superficial surprise was that the top image was gone.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com