New beta update posted

Moderator: jsachs

ksinkel

New beta update posted

Post by ksinkel »

I have just posted PWP 6.0.7 update to the beta release. Excepting an unforeseen problem, this should be the last beta before full release.

This release primarily deals with the memory problem experienced in workflow when breakpoints were used and corrects a few other bugs. In addition, the installer now supports setting a custom installation folder. Please let me know if anyone expeiences any difficulties in regard to this feature.

The default installation folder name has been changed to include the bit designation and PWP version. For this reason I recommend uninstalling your current beta manually (via the control panel) before installing the new one.

Thanks to all who have helped test the beta and made suggestions or reported problems.

You can download this version from here: http://www.dl-c.com/Temp/pwp60beta/pwp60beta.html

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

The installation subfolders

Post by tomczak »

I'm not sure if this is good or bad, it adds complication though - so just for the recored: if the installation folder is customized, the PWP6 installs its own subfolder structure down there by default. I don't know of a way to stop it from constructing subfolders.

e.g. if I set the installation folder to be: e:\pwp6\, the PWP is installed in: e:\pwp6\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 6.0\
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
andrewh

Re: New beta update posted

Post by andrewh »

This may be because the default path for installation is:

C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 64 v6.0\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 6.0

This seems a rather convoluted set of empty folders before you get to the interesting bit!

Andrew from Addis
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

The extra folders are apparently being created even though the folder specified in the installer does not have the extra levels. This unintentional and may be an installer bug.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Post by alain »

andrewh wrote:This may be because the default path for installation is:

C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 64 v6.0\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 6.0

This seems a rather convoluted set of empty folders before you get to the interesting bit!

Andrew from Addis
I also viewed it with the 32 and 64 bit versions on win7 32 and 64 bit.
alain
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: A850

Post by alain »

Hi

I'm I correct that only icc2 profiles are recognised with this beta?
jczinn

Post by jczinn »

Maybe because of the change in path, but the new version did not pick up all my preferences. Specifically, it did not pick up my custom toolbar and where it was positioned. (Other preferences WERE retained, oddly.)
bobsofpa

Post by bobsofpa »

My custom toolbar was picked up.