Breakpoint in workflow is awesome--one wish

Moderator: jsachs

jczinn

Breakpoint in workflow is awesome--one wish

Post by jczinn »

Can't tell you how much I appreciate the breakpoint in the workflow, it has shaved hours off my processing time. As an example, I create simple borders around the images I post to my website, with my copyright and a photo caption. Previously, I could add my copyright in the workflow but obviously couldn't incorporate the caption, since it changes with every image. This meant not just one but several extra steps (Run workflow with just borders and copyright, then saved as tiff. Then had to go one-by-one through the tiffs to add the captions, and finally save as jpgs. Then had to delete the interim tiff files!) Now I can do all of that in a single workflow--no need for the interim tiffs at all! Love this feature!

If I could think of one improvement it would be to be able to add a breakpoint at the file save step. That way I could change the file name of each file as its saved--now I have to go re-edit the file names in Explorer or in the Browse window. (I need to name my files uniquely to facilitate Google searching.)

Thanks,
Janet
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Re: Breakpoint in workflow is awesome--one wish

Post by Bob Walker »

I vote for this enhancement also --

Bob W