Open Image and Apply Workflow hang

Moderator: jsachs

rpm
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D40

Open Image and Apply Workflow hang

Post by rpm »

Kiril/Jonathan,

When opening an image from the browser and applying a saved workflow containing a defined breakpoint, the workflow execution hangs (assuming here that it hangs at the breakpoint). The application can be exited, but a single pw60.exe task remains in the Windows Task Manager. The example workflow used for testing was as follows: Raw Convert, Sharpen, Crop/Add Border, Rename/File Save, (wfl version 6.0.0.0). The breakpoint was set on Crop/Add Border. The same workflow without a breakpoint completes with no problem.

Kudos on the workflow enhancements, especially the breakpoints and drag/drop. :-)

PWP64 v6.0.5

Thanks,
Ron Mc.
ksinkel

Re: Open Image and Apply Workflow hang

Post by ksinkel »

Ron,

If you are using breakpoints and a second breakpoint occurs while you are still setting the first, the second is queued in the Porgress Window. So please check that the progress window queue is clear. (The progress bar turns red if something is queued.)

If that is not the problem, please send me your test workflow as I prefer to debug with the same widget settings as you are using.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color
rpm
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D40

Post by rpm »

Kiril,
I re-ran the test and the progress bar was never red. The attached zip file contains my test .wfl file, which was run against a Nikon .NEF raw file.
Raw_Sharp_Crop_Jpeg.zip
Test workflow with breakpoint
(863 Bytes) Downloaded 526 times
Thanks,
Ron
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Kiril... FYI

For me the workflow completed satisfactorily for two NEF files in Multitask mode with the following observations:

(1) the RawDialog widget provided a 'reddish' colorcast and the 1st display image processed first
capture_15102011_080747-1.jpg
capture_15102011_080747-1.jpg (43.27 KiB) Viewed 5575 times
(2) the display image check marks were cleared; RawDialog widget White Bal. Probe was used on the gray card of the 1st display image; and the wfl runned again

(3) the 2nd display image processed first with both images having satisfactory WB
capture_15102011_081115-1.jpg
capture_15102011_081115-1.jpg (43.44 KiB) Viewed 5569 times
Could there still be a White Balance [Probe?] issue for the Raw Dialog widget?

...den...
PWP 32 v6.0.5 Beta
Vista 32 Home Premium, latest version/updates
AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+ processor;
3 GB DDR2 dual channel RAM; 900KB ReadyBoost cache;
500GB hard drive with 100GB free space
ksinkel

Post by ksinkel »

Original 'Hang' Problem

After more correspondence with Ron I was able to track down the reason for the hang. Ron was operating a workflow with a breakpoint from the browser's 'Open Image and Apply Workflow' command. Currently breakpoints are only supported by the Workflow window and not in other contexts. Thus the breakpoint should have been automatically removed before the workflow was run. This bug will be corrected in the next release.

Raw widget color balance

When the raw widget is run in a workflow, the widget's settings are determined by the same precedence that they are when you run the raw dialog manually. That is, if there is a specific workflow file for the image at hand, it's settings are used. This makes sense, since the presence of the file indicates that you have hand-tweaked raw settings for that particular image. If not, setting that you made to the widget when you set it are used.

So when running the workflow against raw images that have not been run previously, you should select batches of images that need the same color correction. Correct he first image and you can then run the rest and get th same correction. You can also mix in images that have their own .wfl files and get their specific corrections.

Kiril
Kiril Sinkel
Digital Light & Color