Moderator: jsachs

gio
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: NIkon D7000

The "old" forums

Post by gio »

croos

Re: The "old" forums

Post by croos »

I was going to ask if the old board were available. Then I found a thread that explained, in part, what had happened and that most had been lost and that den managed to salvage (some of?) the tips. Thanks den!

But I don't saw it mentioned that the board is partly archived by Wayback Machine.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040715000 ... discus.cgi

Mostly thread content isn't crawled, but sometimes it actually is. 2004 seems to be a good year. I had luck with this date.
https://web.archive.org/web/20040204080 ... ?pg=topics

So if people are looking for something there may be a slight chance. I for one is going to click through the years as see what's archived and look for some tricks I learnt back then and have forgotten now.
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

See this message board thread and JS’s link in the Original Post: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1253&p=6158&hilit=salvaged#p6158

The salvaged threads are by no means complete… …just ones that I thought would be of interest as re-writing the HTML code was tedious. And many of the links in them are broken and not all of attached/inserted images were saved when the change was made to the phpBB message board software.

…den…
croos

Post by croos »

Well, good you could save something. But what happened to the board? Since you could read it it can't have been totally inaccessible.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Even though the Discus forum software was no longer active, the messages were stored in HTML on the web server and sent them to den who recovered most of the useful information.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
croos

Post by croos »

Was it flat files? No database? I guess the software must have been from the 90s. Sorry I wasn't around. HTML mysteries are sort of a hobby I have. Maybe I could have taken some load off den's shoulders.

Thanks for explaining. I was just curious.