EXIFTool SendTo Shortcuts

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

EXIFTool SendTo Shortcuts

Post by tomczak »

Inspired by Den I have created a set of Windows Shortcuts that can be used on selected files or entire folders from Windows Explorer right-click SendTo menu.

If you want to use them, you need to edit the scripts below with your own Artist/Copyright info and e.g. your RAW file extensions and copy and paste them into Target field in your Shortcut.

Move the completed shortcuts to:
C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
to make them available from the right-click SendTo menu.

The scripts should operate on selected files, folders and subfolders. They should exclude RAW files (CR2 and RAF in my case) from any accidental operations. If you edit any of the scipts, be aware that Windows Shortcut Target field is limited to 260 characters (e.g. my Add Author and Copyright is at its max length already). Nice People at ExifTool warned me that there may be a Windows limit to a number of selected files that can be processed this way, but I have run them on 200+ JPGs without problems.

I'm still testing those scripts, so please be careful.

EXIFTool - Add Artist and Copyright.lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -EXIF:Artist="Maciej Tomczak" -EXIF:Copyright="Copyright © 2020 Maciej Tomczak / www.phototramp.com / All Rights Reserved" --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Embed ICC AdobeRGB.lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -if "not $icc_profile" -icc_profile<=".\Profiles\AdobeRGB1998.icc" --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Embed ICC AdobeRGB (if EXIF=AdobeRGB).lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -if "not $icc_profile and $EXIF:ColorSpace eq 'Uncalibrated'" -icc_profile<=".\Profiles\AdobeRGB1998.icc" --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Embed ICC sRGB.lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -if "not $icc_profile" -icc_profile<=".\Profiles\sRGB Color Space Profile.icm" --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Embed ICC sRGB (if EXIF=sRGB).lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -if "not $icc_profile and $EXIF:ColorSpace eq 'sRGB'" -icc_profile<=".\Profiles\sRGB Color Space Profile.icm" --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Strip ICC Profile.lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -icc_profile= --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Strip Metadata (except authorship).lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -all= -tagsFromFile @ -EXIF:Artist -EXIF:Copyright -EXIF:ImageDescription --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

EXIFTool - Strip ALL Metadata (incl. thumbnail and ICC profile).lnk
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -all= -icc_profile= -ThumbnailImage= --ext "CR2" --ext "RAF" -r -overwrite_original -progress -k
Attachments
2020-01-03_132923.png
2020-01-03_132923.png (53.54 KiB) Viewed 7075 times
2020-01-03_124807.png
2020-01-03_124807.png (237.25 KiB) Viewed 7077 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Re: EXIFTool SendTo Shortcuts

Post by tomczak »

Here is another SendTo Shortcut script that extracts (hopefully) all embedded preview and thumbnail images form selected files:

ExifTool - Extract ALL Embedded Previews and Thumbnails
"C:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\exiftool.exe" -a -b -W %dExtractedThumbs/%f.%e_%t%-c.%s -progress -r -k -preview:all
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Just wanted to share my simplified Copyright SendTo Shortcut script. You need to set Windows Environment Variable named %PWP% to PWP program folder (which is the ExifTool.exe location as well) mine being c:\Program Files\Digital Light & Color\Picture Window Pro 8\

This version of the script should:
- write the creator and the copyright info in appropriate fields in EXIF, IPTC and XMP metadata blocks
- be able to write into all image files supporting metadata, including RAW
- preserve FileModifyDate
- read the Year in the FileCreationDate and paste it to the copyright info
- operate on multiple files, folders and subfolders recursively

EXIFTool - Add Artist and Copyright (EXIF,IPTC,XMP - AutoYear - works on RAW).lnk
%PWP%\exiftool.exe -IPTC:Credit="Maciej Tomczak" -MWG:Creator="Maciej Tomczak" -d %Y "-MWG:Copyright<Copyright (c) $FileCreateDate Maciej Tomczak / www.phototramp.com / Unlicensed use prohibited." -P -r -overwrite_original -progress -k

Writing credits into so many fields may look like overkill, but I could never figure out which fields may be worth writing to and a little text doesn't add much to the file size...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

Post by den »

Thank you Maciej…

You have shown me some simplifications and more depth into exiftool/windows then I previously have explored.

...den..