[OT] hi def DVD slide shows of your pics

Moderator: jsachs

rfuerman
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: sony rx100iii

[OT] hi def DVD slide shows of your pics

Post by rfuerman »

You can create hi def 1080 slide shows of your prized photos & burn to a standard old 'DVD.' You do not need a Blue Ray (BD) burner, but you do need a DVD burner + discs, BD player & hi def TV. This DVD will play HD in most BD players, but no guarantees here. Let me say that your photos on a 50" HD TV screen will knock your socks off !

Sony recently released version 10 of 'Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum.' (disclosure - I am not affiliated with Mr Sony.) This has a new feature to Insert a Slide Show & this does most of the work for you. You then render the slide show to a HD format. You can burn the HD to DVD direcly from VMSP, or ...

Start up DVD Architect which is the DVD creator part of this program. Add the files you rendered from VMSP and menus. Now you can burn a BD format file to your DVD.

I have made a 40 minute HD slide show and burned to DVD. If your camera can make HD or SD videos, you can include your video in the slide show & burn both in HD to DVD. If there is interest, I can provide directions to get you started.
Bob F