Proofing and Gamut Alarm

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Proofing and Gamut Alarm

Post by Robert Schleif »

Gamut Alarm does nothing unless Proofing has also been activated. Therefore, at first it looks like it might make sense to activate proofing whenever Gamut alarm has been activated. A problem with this is that the user ought to be aware that proofing has also been activated. Mechanical switch systems can make such a relationship obvious, but doing the equivalent with push buttons on a computer screen looks more dificult to implement elegantly. It might be worth a try however.
jsachs

Re: Proofing and Gamut Alarm

Post by jsachs »

I think there is a case of not activating proofing when activating the gamut alarm. This sets things up so that when you toggle proofing on and off, the gamut alarm remains on (or off).

What I did for the next release is display a message when turning the gamut alarm on when proofing is disabled. You can either choose to enable proofing or not at this time.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Most of the tools (in contrast to transformations) do not change the appearance of an image. Enable monitor curves and Enable proofing do change the appearance. Since either of these tools may be rarely used and the indication that either of these tools is in force is somewhat subtle, perhaps it would be worthwhile placing a small warning in a corner of the image itself that one of these tools is in force.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Rather than place a warning in the image, for the next release, I changed the way the proofing and gamut alarm buttons are displayed to make it more obvious when they are active. The background of the tool bar images is now changed to yellow when the buttons are depressed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

The new modifications work well for me. Thank you.