Hidden thumbs and tree graphics

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Hidden thumbs and tree graphics

Post by tomczak »

This is extreme nitpicking, but I'll share it anyway. Notice the little gray bars below ampersand in transformations (which have comments), but not under splitter.
Attachments
2022-08-22_181512.jpg
2022-08-22_181512.jpg (25.85 KiB) Viewed 881 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Re: Hidden thumbs and tree graphics

Post by tomczak »

And also a comment: editable labels and comments for each transformation are great. If there is a workspace with several individual scripts that do something for the main script (like in the workspace above - it is just a script that reduces halos for some other script that does something else with the image - since it's branched it couldn't be saved as a snippet), I often wished that I could name each script within the workspace.

I tried to name the script by naming the top most input image - this works up to a point, but I'm still getting visually confused. Maybe allowing the topmost transformation (and perhaps splitters/branches) in a script to have a title in bold or some colour would make sense to organize it visually into 'routines/sections'?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I fixed the spacing error for the next release.

Currently, once you merge two script files, the information about where each transformation came from is lost and therefore there is no way to color them differently. Even if there were something like this, once you started to copy transformations from one branch to another, the waters could get muddied very quickly. Offhand I don't see how this could work, but I will keep the problem in mind.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Just an idea: maybe some kind of little icons in the title bars that would differentiate between: top image, splitter, top of the branch, and the regular transformations could enhance the visual order of the Browser?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com