Update Available - Version 8.0.310

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Version 8.0.310

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 8.0.310 (8-Aug-2022)

Fixed problems undoing certain mask operations.

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Curve controls: when using the probe on the input image in dual histogram mode, the red markers are now correctly displayed on the input histogram instead of the output histogram. Red probe lines now accumulate as you click and drag on the input image and are erased when you release the mouse button. The height of the red lines now tracks the histogram values so they no longer obscure the histogram underneath. Flashing has been reduced. The Histogram tool (accessed from the main tool bar) also now works the same way, and its Eraser button has been removed.

Fixed problems with Shift-Click and Ctrl-Click on Amount box when using dual Amount controls.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
pierrelabreche
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon Z8

Re: Update Available - Version 8.0.310

Post by pierrelabreche »

The download page lists the latest version as "Picture Window Pro 8.0 Installer – Version 8.0.309 - Last updated 8-Aug-2022"
pierrelabreche
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon Z8

Re: Version 8.0.310 red probe lines

Post by pierrelabreche »

Thanks for the information about the "red probe lines". I learned about this useful feature while reading the release notes.

A comment on the comment :
jsachs wrote: August 8th, 2022, 8:03 am Red probe lines now accumulate as you click and drag on the input image and are erased when you release the mouse button.
Did you mean : "Red probe lines accumulate as you click and drag on the input image and are erased when you click again after releasing the mouse button" ?
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

I can confirm that in Brightness Curve, shift-click and drag accumulate the red lines which don't disappear when the button is released but do on the next click. This is a little different from the Histogram Tool, which deletes them when the button is released. They are both ok, I think, but I like the first option better (i.e. retaining the lines when the mouse is released, as in Brightness Curve) - that gives you more time to look at it and analyse it.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I accidentally left some debugging code in place. The description in the help file is correct. Fixed for next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Another observation: in both the Brightness Curve histogram and the Histogram Tool, the red lines are trimmed at the top of the un-expanded histogram, regardless of the histogram expansion factor.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Fixed for next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color