Closing the Histogram Tool

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Closing the Histogram Tool

Post by davidh »

1. Leave Histogram Tool window open
2. Go to Script/ Open Workspace Script/ Close all images before loading workspace script ? -> click Yes -> instead of being closed the Histogram gets repeatedly refreshed for each transformation and then stays open
3. The same happens after loading another Workspace script with the Histogram Tool open.

----
And a question.
If you reopen a bypassed transformation, first all the steps downstream get refreshed and only then the transformation dialog opens. Is it necessary? Quite often you need just to check the settings of a bypassed step and keep it bypassed.
This way reopening it is the same as un-bypassing it. So if you need to keep it bypassed, you have to bypass it again after you close the transformation even without doing any changes. This triggers two rounds of unneccessary updatings which can be a bit annoying especially when the branch is long with splitters.

I would suggest to keep a reopened bypassed transformation bypassed until:
- OK or Apply are clicked -> downstream refreshing is done (this confirms un-bypassing the step)
- Cancel or closing "X" button are clicked -> the transformation stays bypassed and no downstream refreshing follows (this confirms the bypassed status)
jsachs

Re: Closing the Histogram Tool

Post by jsachs »

The histogram problem I can easily fix . I assume the same applies to the Readout and some other tools that track the current image.

I noticed the bypass issue myself recently -- I believe it was introduced recently along with some other annoyances. I am on the way home from the French alps and plan to fix several problems once I catch up.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color