Update Available - Version 8.0.287

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Version 8.0.287

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 8.0.287 (30-Apr-2022)

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Precise Gaussian Blur, Zoom Blur, Spin Blur, Multipass Sharpen, Watercolor transformations: speeded up Cancel after editing an image by saving a copy of the initial output image. I can do this for some more transformations if there is popular demand, but these are some of the slowest common ones.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jfoster
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon/5DMIII

Re: Update Available - Version 8.0.287

Post by jfoster »

I'll make it a point to test this out. I'll let you know if I come across any issues.

Thanks.

Jeff
jfoster

Post by jfoster »

The situation that I previously mentioned:

"if you cancel the Precise Gaussian Blur progress when the transformation is opened to Edit Transformation, the Cancel does not return to the original state. Rather, the null from the cancelled progress bar persists."

is still a problem.

To illustrate more clearly, in the case where the a PGB processing is progressing and the dialog box is displayed as shown here:

PGB_Cancel_Prob_1.jpg
PGB_Cancel_Prob_1.jpg (88.02 KiB) Viewed 1240 times

If the Cancel Button is pressed in the dialog box, the Transformation Cancel button won't return the transformation to the original state. Rather, the null from the Cancelled progress bar replaces the original PGB state (as shown here):

PGB_Cancel_Prob_2.jpg
PGB_Cancel_Prob_2.jpg (85.16 KiB) Viewed 1240 times

Jeff
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I found the problem and fixed it for PGB, but the same issue affects all other transformations so I will need to edit them as well. No time before I leave for the airport, but will get to it eventually.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jfoster

Post by jfoster »

Sounds good. I'm still trying to break the affected transformations. I'll let you know if I find anything else.

Jeff