Problem with Monochrome transformation with dual monitor

Moderator: jsachs

johnp
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 90D

Problem with Monochrome transformation with dual monitor

Post by johnp »

Jonathon -

1st - Thanks for your wonderful program and the responsiveness to questions and concerns!

2nd - I'm seeing a possible bug with the Monochrome transformation on my dual monitor system.
I've set the Method to be filter, and the Filter Color picker pops up just fine on my secondary monitor
on top of the image I'm editing. I see the Filter Color menu correctly with the color cube clearly
visible. I then drag the Filter Color dialog box to the left over to me primary monitor. As the dialog
box transitions over to the 'new' monitor everything looks fine UNTIL the dialog box is fully on
the primary monitor. At that point, the color cube disappears except for a sliver of the very left
(blue..magenta) edge of the cube.

I'm running Windows 8 if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

John P
Bob Walker
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon R5

Re: Problem with Monochrome transformation with dual monitor

Post by Bob Walker »

I can confirm that something pretty odd is going on here.

(1) Launch PWP 8.0.283, drop color image into workspace.
(2) Select Transformation->Color->Monochrome (input and output window are created)
(3) Select Method=Filter, click in Filter box and select "Select Solid Color" (brings up color wheel/hexagon)
(4) Drag main window so that half the screen is displayed on secondary monitor (input window disappears, only output window shows on main workspace, and Filter Color dialog disappears)
(5) Double-click on File Open Transform in image browser window (mine is undocked, on the secondary display, bring up file open dialog)
(6) Double-click on Monochrome transform (Input window is restored, Filter Color dialog gone still)
(7) Drag main PWP workspace window back to primary monitor (input window disappears, filter color hexagon disappears).

etc.

Windows 10 64 bit.

Bob W
jsachs

Re: Problem with Monochrome transformation with dual monitor

Post by jsachs »

It is normal for color pickers, mask dialog boxes, etc. to be closed when dragging a transformation dialog box from one monitor to another. This is similar to what happens when you close a transformation dialog box and then double-click to re-open it. Dragging between monitors requires rebuilding all the controls to accommodate differences in monitor dpi which cause all the controls to be resized and repositioned. You can easily get these secondary dialog boxes back if you need them.

For the next release, I have fixed the problem of the split-screen display getting converted to single display when dragging the main window between monitors.

I am not seeing here the other issue, namely part of the color picker being left behind when it is closed.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color