Mouse scroll-wheel and zooming

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Mouse scroll-wheel and zooming

Post by tomczak »

Not sure if I'm doing things right: I'm trying Mobius transformation with a Mask opened.

If the preview window is set to Display Input, the Mouse scroll-wheel doesn't work for zooming unless it's Alt+Scroll-wheel. Same with Display Output.

But in Preview Side by Side, the mouse scroll-wheel (without the Alt key) scrolls when the cursor is on the Preview output image but doesn't when on the Preview input image side of the window - Alt+scroll wheel works on both.

Is it how it's supposed to work?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Mouse scroll-wheel and zooming

Post by jsachs »

If the mask dialog box has control, it uses the scroll wheel for various functions. If Mobius has control, the scroll wheel is not usurped. Clicking on the Mobius window should release the scroll wheel from the Mask dialog box. There does seem to something wrong in that the scroll wheel is not working on the input image with a mask open, even after you click on the Mobius dialog box.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Re: Mouse scroll-wheel and zooming

Post by jsachs »

On investigation, it looks like this seems to be a problem for any transformation that normally does not take control of the mouse wheel. I will need to change all of them to fix it so it may take a while for me to get to it.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color