Update Available - Slide Show Viewer Version 1.0.2

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Slide Show Viewer Version 1.0.2

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 1.0.2 (19-Oct-2021)

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Slide Show Viewer: fixed numerous problems and improved timing of Ken Burns effect.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Update Available - Slide Show Viewer Version 1.0.2

Post by tomczak »

How does File\New Slideshow suppose to work? I was thinking that this would allow me to add images to a blank slideshow, but when I try this command, nothing seems to happen.

Then, I tried Add Image Files, which opens the Windows dialog to choose the Slideshow Folder. When chosen, a new Windows dialog appears asking to choose the images. When chosen, they are displayed as a new Slideshow.

But when I hit File\New Slideshow at this stage, a confirmation dialog pops up to confirm if the current slideshow is to be saved or not. When I say No, the Slide Show Viewer crashes (but I think it only crashes if the current slideshow has actually been run previously by hitting the 'running man' button).
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Another observation: when Add Image File is used and the Folder and the images are selected to appear in the slideshow and the slideshow is saved and the Slide Show Viewer closed, the next instance of the Slide Show Viewer doesn't seem to remember the last folder from which the previous images were chosen and starts at the root folder again.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

And one more: if I bring up Edit the Slide's Settings / Slide Properties and choose Style = Path, then click OK, the programme crashes.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Help file is displayed when hitting the question mark button, but not when Help\Open Help File is invoked.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

When Help file is displayed, the left panel (Content/Search) is quite narrow on my screen and the TOC is truncated. I can't figure out how to stretch it.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Thanks for the feedback -- many of the problems you reported have already been fixed for the next release.

>> When Help file is displayed, the left panel (Content/Search) is quite narrow on my screen and the TOC is truncated. I can't figure out how to stretch it.

If you hover the cursor near the divider between the left and right panels, if you get it positioned just right, it will change shape and let you drag the divider.

>> Help file is displayed when hitting the question mark button, but not when Help\Open Help File is invoked.

Already fixed.

>> Another observation: when Add Image File is used and the Folder and the images are selected to appear in the slideshow and the slideshow is saved and the Slide Show Viewer closed, the next instance of the Slide Show Viewer doesn't seem to remember the last folder from which the previous images were chosen and starts at the root folder again.

Not yet implemented.

>> How is File\New Slideshow supposed to work? I was thinking that this would allow me to add images to a blank slideshow, but when I try this command, nothing seems to happen.

The help file describes how to make a new slide show. File/New creates a new, blank slide show. It offers to save the existing one first. There are several ways to add images -- drag and drop, File/Add Images, or starting with a folder of images and using File/Open Folder.

>> And one more: if I bring up Edit the Slide's Settings / Slide Properties and choose Style = Path, then click OK, the programme crashes.

Will check this out.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Cheers, Jonathan. If the programme is first open, does it open with the 'blank' slideshow to which images can be added? What's the difference between that and clicking File/New if there was no previous slideshow loaded?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

If you hover the cursor near the divider between the left and right panels, if you get it positioned just right, it will change shape and let you drag the divider.
It works, with the emphasis on 'positioning just right'. Thanks.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It opens with a blank slide show and no folder or images defined. In the newest release which I will release shortly if you then do a File/Add Images, it first asks for the name of the folder you want the slide show to be created in and then asks for the names of the files you want to import.

The File New command is for when you want to discard the current slide show and start a new one. See the section on creating slide shows for recommended methods.

The hovering issue in Windows help is annoying, but is part of Windows.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color