Menu items disabled in 7.0.20

Moderator: jsachs

GregL65

Menu items disabled in 7.0.20

Post by GregL65 »

Part of my typical workflow in 5.0 is Brightness Curve and High Contrast. I opened a file in 7.0.20 to begin work on it and found both of those menu items disabled. Many other menu items were disabled too.

I opened the same file in 5.0 and was able to do Brightness Curve and High Contrast, with the expected results.

How do I enable those menu items in 7.0.20?
jsachs

Re: Menu items disabled in 7.0.20

Post by jsachs »

Soms transformations may be grayed out if the type of the image you are trying to apply them to is incompatible. For example binary (1-bit/pixel) images. If you convert them to 8-bit black and white it should work.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
GregL65

Post by GregL65 »

Thanks, that was the problem. I see now that PWP 5 did that conversion automatically.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I'm pretty sure PWP 5 worked the same way.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
GregL65

Post by GregL65 »

I tried it again in PWP 5 to be sure (5.0.1.11). I opened the same file, right-clicked and chose Display Info. At the top it said "Type: Binary Image". I did a Brightness Curve transformation. Right-clicked and chose Display Info again, now it says "Type: Black and White Image". So it seems to have converted without my ever going into the Convert dialog.

I closed the transformed image and went back to the original file. I selected Transformation > Convert. The Convert dialog said "Convert from: 1-bit Binary", and "Convert to:" was defaulting to "8-bit Black and White".