Update Available - Version 8.0.238

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Version 8.0.238

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 8.0.238 (12-Sep-2021)

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Mask: fixed problems with flood fill not working with shift-clicks in some cases when Update transformation with mask was turned on. Turning on Update transformation with mask now triggers an update of the transformation.

Chromatic Aberration: fixed problems with inadequate number of decimal places being used to record slider settings and incorrect display of slider readouts in some cases.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: Update Available - Version 8.0.238

Post by Marpel »

Latest version.

Not sure if this unintentionally occurred during the latest revision, or if it is intended and I just can't find the method to change it but, when Compositing and using the Oval Gradient mask tool, the shape of the mask is diamond and not round/oval.

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I don't see this here -- can you post an example with details on how you created it?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

I tried to reproduce it, but it seems to be working correctly now.

When it initially occurred, I had done a number of prior transforms etc., but I can't recall them all (or the sequence). When it happened, I cancelled that particular Composite, re-opened it and tried it a second and third time, and it occurred again. It worked exactly as the Oval should, except it was in the shape of a diamond, and I could even enlarge and reduce the size.

If it occurs again, I will try to detail the sequence and let you know.

Marv
priort

Post by priort »

Its been a while so I have missed a few versions but I was just playing with the color readout tool and it seems to me that the L channel values for Lab are not correct. Checking against a colorchecker image the 6 neutral patches go from 98 ending at 74 for black. Checking HSL and HSV gave numbers of 20 or under for the black patch depending on the tweaks applied....

I can provide more details if a quick check on your end doesn't seem to show that.....
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

I may have stumbled back on to the diamond/oval gradient issue.

It appears if I hold Shift+click and move the cursor from left to right, it does not grow the size of the bounding perimeter, but stays as a small point.

If I do the same operation, but move the cursor in an upward direction, if the cursor moves to the left (of true vertical) as it is raised, a diamond bounding box will appear. However, if the cursor is moved to the right, the oval appears. In fact, after the cursor has moved in an upward direction, you can move the cursor back and forth left to right and the diamond and oval will appear/re-appear, depending on which horizontal direction the cursor is moved.

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, I see it now. It seems to be related to dragging the width of the oval past zero so it flips over. The outline does turn into a parallelogram, but the mask is still oval.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color