Chromatic Aberration Transformation

Moderator: jsachs

bulrichl

Chromatic Aberration Transformation

Post by bulrichl »

Hello,

I am using the Chromatic Aberration Transformation in order to correct images captured with my Canon EF 17-40 mm f/4L USM lens which show considerable lateral CA (red - green). In doing so I found the following flaws:

1. The amount values for red and blue shift cannot be inputted via keyboard, the sliders have to be used. The available settable values are quantized. Let us suppose that setting the slider of Red Shift: -0.0689% results in the otimal correction.
CA_set.PNG
CA_set.PNG (8.71 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
The transformation is run by clicking 'OK'. When the CA transformation window is fetched again from the menu and 'Settings/Reload Last Settings' is executed, a value of Red Shift: -0.07% is displayed, and when the settings are saved ('Save Settings As...'), the parameter 'amountr' has a value of 0.0007 (= 0.07%) in the "*.chromatic aberration" file. The displayed or stored value is imprecise, so one is not able to know whether the used value was 0.0689% or 0.0745%. I would like that 3 significant digits (0.0689%) are displayed, as if one sets the value.
CA_transformation.PNG
CA_transformation.PNG (8.62 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

2. When the same CA transformation is executed in a script and a double click is executed on the "Chromatic Aberration" thumbnail in the image browser, the CA transformation window shows a value of Red Shift: -0.0007%. This value is obviously wrong.
CA_script.PNG
CA_script.PNG (8.63 KiB) Viewed 1653 times
Bernd
jsachs

Re: Chromatic Aberration Transformation

Post by jsachs »

For the next release, I have increased the degree of precision with which the slider values are saved and fixed the inconsistent value display.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
bulrichl

Re: Chromatic Aberration Transformation

Post by bulrichl »

Wow, that was a quick response! Thank you very much for fixing this.

Bernd