Clone Tool

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Clone Tool

Post by Marpel »

Latest version.

First, thanks for fixing the alignment issue for this latest version. Big improvement and it fixes the "bow wave" effect I reported a long time ago.

A couple issues in the Clone Tool -

Under Cursor Linkage in the Help file, it states "In the case of one to one cloning, it is unnecessary to shift+click to define source point.....". Not sure if this is new as I have always shift+clicked, however, this does not seem to work, unless I am misunderstanding the text. If I just click on the output image, it defines a point source in that image, rather than pick up material from the other image. But, as stated, this part is new to me and I may be out on what I am doing or what to expect.

Under Source Image in the Help file, it states "Once you pick a source image, the display switches to split screen....". This also does not occur as the display remains a single image and the "Display Preview" button remains depressed. If one presses the "Side by side" button, the screen changes to two images.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Clone Tool

Post by jsachs »

Issue 1:

I have removed this from the help file as it was confusing -- while you do have to shift click on the input image to define which image you want to clone from, once you have done this you no longer need to shift click between strokes as the relationship between the two cursors is fixed.

Issue 2:

I fixed this for the next release -- now selecting an image as the Source Image puts the display into split screen mode and selects the image into the left half, whether or it has already been defined as an input.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color