Making the transformation dialog boxes smaller

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Making the transformation dialog boxes smaller

Post by tomczak »

I know I'm in the minority with a small screen. I wonder if there is is way of reducing the size of Transformation control boxes somehow - some of them are quite busy and require some area, but some, could probably be smaller. I wonder if there is some global switch in Windows or elsewhere that would make them smaller (but then, if possible at all, the text will be smaller as well?_

I was thinking that maybe optionally docking transformation control windows in place of the Browser when they are open could save the work of repositioning the larger control windows so that they don't obscure the Preview?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Making the transformation dialog boxes smaller

Post by jsachs »

You can reduce the Font size PWP uses in File/Preferences/Font... -- this reduces the size of both icons and text in all the dialog boxes.

On Amazon in the US, you can buy an external 10" monitor for less than $100 -- they work OK for getting the dialog boxes and image browser off your main screen.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: Making the transformation dialog boxes smaller

Post by Marpel »

Just be aware, as discussed in another thread, if you use a second monitor for Image Browser and Dialogue boxes, if you make the Browser fit most/all of that monitor (as I did in the past due to multiple images in the Browser at a time), the Dialogue boxes have a tendency to disappear behind the Browser window. I have since allowed some vacant room on the monitor to be able to see at least part of a Dialogue box to be able to quickly recall it.

Marv