A question about Monochrome Texture

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

A question about Monochrome Texture

Post by davidh »

It seems that the Texture used in Monochrome is not always applied to all parts of an Overlay image composited using some kind of alignment and operation Darken. It looks to me that the input image background covered with the overlay is involved.

So instead of using the Texture tab in Monochrome I tried to do an additional compositing with the texture used as an Overlay. However, though this time the texture was applied to the whole of the composited image leaving no empty places, none of the operations available in Composite came very near to the texture created in Monochrome.

Is there a way, perhaps some additional step, to simulate the Monochrome texture operation?
jsachs

Re: A question about Monochrome Texture

Post by jsachs »

Have you tried the Add Texture transformation with the Lighten/Darken Midtones option?
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Re: A question about Monochrome Texture

Post by davidh »

The texture I use is not a reaĺ texture but vertical lines. Originaly I was trying to use Halftone with my own screen, but the results hardly ever came right in color print. The colors or rather tints often came out unnatural, sometimes even not far from poisonous or "nuclear". :)

Anyway, I have to correct my previous posting, the alignment function has nothing to do with it, as I have just found out.