Dragging gradient control point with color picker open

Moderator: jsachs

davidh

Dragging gradient control point with color picker open

Post by davidh »

Version 8.0.221

This is about newly added control points not the default ones.

Oval gradient:

1. Put a new control point between the starting and endig points of the gradient bar.
2. Double-click on the new or the ending (rightmost) control point on the bar to display its color picker.
3. Drag the new added control point in the preview window up or down -> the preview is recalculated and the point jumps to the center point of the gradient preview, and to the starting (leftmost) point on the bar gradient bar.

Linear gradient:
With linear gradient when you drag the new control point up or down, it jumps to either of the default points depending on the direction.

When you display color picker of the starting (leftmost) control point in the step 2., then dragging the new point in the preview recalulates the preview but the point stays put and the gradient does not change.

I have not tried the other two gradient types.
Attachments
gradient point jumps.png
gradient point jumps.png (7.07 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
jsachs

Re: Dragging gradient control point with color picker open

Post by jsachs »

Fixed for next release.

FYI, to select a color for the color line, you need to click the eyedropper button in the color picker -- otherwise dragging a gradient control point repositions it. There was a problem with this latter operation when a color picker was open.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

I am aware of the probing functionality of the eyedropper.
The reason why I opened the color picker was to use its brightness slider to adjust the ending control point from black to gray. After that dragged the mid control point in the preview to reposition it accordingly.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

No offense intended -- I figured you knew how it works, but included the information for the benefit of others reading the post.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
davidh

Post by davidh »

No offence taken at all. In fact, I mentioned as I am not sure I always express myself clearly.