Update Available - Version 8.0.221

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Update Available - Version 8.0.221

Post by jsachs »

An update is available to Version 8.0.221 (22-Jun-2021)

The changes (taken from the update log) are:

Blend, Difference, Filter, Stereo and Watermark transformations now have buttons similar to In/Ov in Composite to let you switch between inputs. You will need to do a full install to get several new bitmaps.

For consistency with adding branches to splitters, new top-level images are now added at the far right instead of the far left.

When an auxiliary input image is selected, it is now zoomed to fit. For transformations where the auxiliary input is important (e.g the Composite Overlay Image), it is also automatically selected as the current image. For transformations where the auxiliary input is less important (e.g. the Frame Inner Mat Texture Image), the main input image remains selected.

In addition to clicking on the title bar or background of a transformation dialog box to restore its control, changing any of its settings now also restores control. I may have missed a few cases on this, so let me know if you find any exceptions. Restoring control to a transformation now always finalizes its pending mask operation, if any.

File/Preferences: added a new On Profile Mismatch setting for multiple file opens.

When saving workspace scripts with image copies and (in File Preferences) Save Script Images As is set to Ask, the dialog box that pops up now has the name of the transformation in its title so you know which image you are saving if there is more than one. There is also a new checkbox to allow applying the current setting to all remaining transformations in the workspace. Finally, I fixed a problem causing files to be saved for all transformations and not just File Opens in some cases.

Transparent PNG: added an Invert Mask checkbox.

Moving a transformation up or down one (e.g. by Shift-Up or Shift-Down) now closes any open transformation dialog box.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color