Resize and Crop

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Resize and Crop

Post by Marpel »

Latest version.

Resize: If I resize an image, using Pixel Width and Height, after entering the dimension in Width, I can't immediately enter a dimension in Height, without pausing, as this dimension will not stick until PWP completes the Width calculation(s).

As this has been occurring for quite awhile, I have learned to wait a second or three until the first calculation is complete, however, if I'm on a roll and forget this pause and I enter Width followed immediately by Height, and do not catch it before pressing OK, the desired Height is not applied, thus forcing a redo.

I am thinking this is less related to the computer speed/capability as it occurred the same way with my previous computer, which was much slower than the current.

Any way to mitigate this issue?

Crop using Arbitrary: Roughly crop by moving the boundary lines - then using the plus minus buttons. If the top boundary has been moved, and either bottom button is clicked a single time, both the top and bottom change to an arbitrary (unwanted) dimension. If either of the bottom buttons is clicked again, both dimensions change again and if repeated, eventually (within a couple clicks) both boundaries will revert back to the edges (with zeros in the button dimensions). If the top boundary remains at the edge (so there is a zero in that dimension) while the Bottom has been moved, clicking either Bottom button reverts that boundary immediately back to the edge. This issue does not seem to be the case with any of the other edges.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Resize and Crop

Post by jsachs »

There is a time delay (Text Delay) you can set in Preferences that controls how long after you stop typing Picture Window starts processing. If you increase this delay time, you can type more slowly but you have to wait longer for it to be acted on.

The problem with Crop +/- buttons is fixed for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color