Composite Masking, Apply

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Composite Masking, Apply

Post by Marpel »

When compositing, I use the Flood Fill attribute of Masking, quite a bit.

Often, I can't get the entire mask without clicking in many parts of the area(s) that I wish to composite. This means repeated click on the left image, move the cursor to the Apply button, click, then repeat...... And, when I am on a roll, I will often forget to click Apply and have to do that area again.

So, is it possible to designate a key, which one could keep the left hand at, to click rather than doing the current method? Click with right for the Flood Fill, a quick click with the left, etc etc etc. And it would also reduce the eyes having to go back and forth between the image and the Apply button.

As mentioned in another thread, I keep the dialogue boxes on a second monitor, which increases the travel of the mouse (or pen) and eyes. I realize this issue is not as significant for those who have the dialogue box on the main monitor, but I think a key would make it smoother for those as well.

As a comparison, I use another program for some things like removing objects. I use the right hand for the mouse/pen and have the left resting on the space bar to open the hand to move about in the image.

Just a thought,

Marv
jsachs

Re: Composite Masking, Apply

Post by jsachs »

Flood fill has a shortcut for this -- Shift-Click on the image does an apply and then initiates a new flood fill.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Re: Composite Masking, Apply

Post by Marpel »

Perfect. Thanks for the info.

Marv