Dual Monitors

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Dual Monitors

Post by Marpel »

I have a second monitor and have PWP set up so the Browser window opens up in and takes up most of that monitor (I often have many images open at the same time, the thumbnails of which are spread across the second monitor). I also have it set up so any dialogue box opens on that second monitor, in front of the browser window. This leaves the main monitor for the image window and most of the time this works quite well.

However, when I wish to use some of the attributes of some of the Transformations - Composite, using 1 point alignment comes to mind, and the cursor is on an image in the main monitor, the dialogue boxes disappear behind the Browser Window in the second monitor.

I then have to retrieve the dialogues and bring them to the front. This occurs often enough to be a bit of a pain. Initially, the dialogue windows would completely disappear, but I have now set them up so just an edge is still visible when they disappear so I can click on that edge. Still a pain, though.

Is there any way to set up the system so this does not occur and the dialogues are held in front of the Browser? I suspect not, but thought I would ask.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Dual Monitors

Post by jsachs »

I never configure PWP that way so I have never seen this before. I tried to reproduce the problem using Composite but the transformation dialog box always stayed on top. Can you be a little more specific about what you need to do to get it covered by the image browser?

Also, FYI, you can bring the transformation dialog box to the top even if it is totally obscured by clicking on its button on the Windows task bar.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Must apologize for the wild goose chase.

It appears I was wrong and the Transformation dialogues do not disappear as I suggested. It was actually when I clicked on the image thumbnail in the Browser (to activate the 1 point alignment) that the Browser overlapped the Transform dialogues - which makes complete sense of course.

However, this goose chase did enlighten me about the Windows Task Bar. Did not know I could do that.

Thanks,

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

No problem -- let me know if it happens again under some other circumstances.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color