Composite with Mask

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Composite with Mask

Post by Marpel »

Latest version.

Open an image and make a change to same (generating a new image).

Composite the old with the new, using a Linear Gradient Mask.

The green mask overlay shows on the left side image but no change occurs to the Output side, even when clicking on the "fleeing felon" button.

The only way I can get the composite and mask to work is if I click the Invert Mask button two times. The first time shows the inverted green overlay and it's associated result on the right side, the second invert gives me the desired result.

Marv
jsachs

Re: Composite with Mask

Post by jsachs »

If you are not using the latest version, please download and try it again as I recently fixed some problems in Mask and as far as I can tell when I try what you are doing it seems to work OK here now.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

Don't know if the latest version you refer to is later than what I was using (not near my working computer right now), but just prior to my initial post at 9:17 am, I tried, and found the issue, deleted that version, immediately downloaded the latest, re-tried and the issue was the same. If there is something more recent, when I get back to my computer, I will try again and advise.

Marv
Marpel

Post by Marpel »

OK, was able to get to my computer and tried again.

Version is the latest (8.0.214).

The issue persists, however, it seems to only glitch if the gradient "line" is drawn perfectly plumb or level. If the gradient is drawn at any other angle, it seems to work ok, although I did not try more than a couple of non plumb/level angles, so this is just a preliminary observation.

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I found the problem and it is fixed for the next release which I am about to upload.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color