?Minor? feature request?

Moderator: jsachs

johnp
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon 90D

?Minor? feature request?

Post by johnp »

In many of the transformation, there is are three buttons to show original image,
modified image, or side-by side.

I find I frequently like to toggle between oeiginal & modified, but it's tricky to keep my
eyes on the images while I try to move my mouse between the buttons.

Could you add a 'toggle' image hot-key or another button to do the toggle so I don't have
to move the mouse between two buttons?

Thanks!

John P
jsachs

Re: ?Minor? feature request?

Post by jsachs »

Good suggestion -- for the next release Ctrl-D will, if a transformation dialog box is open, toggle between the input and output images. If not, it retains its current usage to toggle between layouts with or without the image browser or main image area.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

Would that work differently from shift left-click on the mask icon to the right of the Amount slider (unless the transformation doesn't have the Amount control)?
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

It should be more efficient since shift left-click on the Amount box triggers a recalc of the transformation. Also, for transformations that have their own preview, shift-left click just updates the preview, not the main image area.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

As a side note, I was testing how Ctrl-D works presently, and it indeed toggles between layouts with or without the image browser or main image area. But if I press the 4th layout button 'Show image browser in a separate window', then close that window and Ctrl-D again, the layouts toggles, but in the browser window, the preview is displayed instead. Interestingly, pressing one of the layout buttons in the main toolbar (as opposed to Ctrl-D), restores the browser display to normal.
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com