Help file, file commands

Moderator: jsachs

rfuerman
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: sony rx100iii

Help file, file commands

Post by rfuerman »

Hello. pwp 8.0.190
1) menu | Help | Index | Contents tab | Commands | File Commands
Save As . . . - on file menu, not in help file contents.
print setup . . . - on file menu, not in help file contents
Clear history - not on file menu, in help file contents
Font size - not on file menu, in help file contents
1a) whoops - don't see 'Save back' or 'save to default' in help file contents either. How does this differ from 'save as'? * It is in help file, just no way to go there directly from help contents. Help contents for File Commands should match items on the File Commands menu. Search help does not find this:
Search help for 'save to default' or 'file save to default' does not find 'file save to default' in help. Same if search for 'Save as' or 'File save as' does not find 'file save as.'
These three file items are 'save as', 'save back', 'save to default' on file menu, but they are 'File save as', 'File save back', 'File save to default' on the help page heading.
suggest - Move the 'differences between...' paragraph to top of 'file save' help page
2) Menu | File | File collapse. Have to look at help file to figure out what this does. suggest - would 'File save over' be more intuitive label?
3) Menu | File
Suggest - some little (or, in my case, never) used items could be collected under a 'File | Options' top menu, such as: default folder, color mgmt, lens profile, curves, gray calibration, white screen.
4) Menu | File | File new
suggest - file size by inches, pixel, or cm, same as layout would be helpful.
5) menu | transform | blur. suggest add a short summary of the various blur options to the 'blur' command help. Wanted to blur an image and was surprised to find eight blur options! How are they different? When are they preferable? Don't see a ref doc for blur on the download page.
Thank you,
Bob
[edit] PS. The Lines, arrows, text tool working nicely now. Thx for update!
jsachs

Re: Help file, file commands

Post by jsachs »

For the next release, I rearranged the help File items to make them conform a little better to the File Menu. Generally, the help file is designed so that within the program you can click on the help icon and get to the relevant help, not so much in the other direction. I supply the help file as a PDF -- if you really want to search the help file for a specific item, I recommend doing a text search in the PDF rather than use the simplified search built into the help system.

For descriptions of transformations, you may find Transformations.pdf more useful for detailed information, examples, etc.

Some of your other suggestions I have added to my requested feature list.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
jsachs

Re: Help file, file commands

Post by jsachs »

FYI, there is a discussion of the different Blurring and Sharpening transformations, along with many of the other transformations in the tutorial document.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color