Chrome and phpBB

Moderator: jsachs

tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Chrome and phpBB

Post by tomczak »

I'm having trouble with the PWP phpBB board in Chrome. The text edit box is not displayed in Chrome (updated) no matter what I do. I resorted to write this message in Edge, which displays is. I haven't had this problem with Chrome until recently - I'm not sure how to diagnose or solve it.
Attachments
Chrome
Chrome
2021-01-26_090656.jpg (27.11 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Edge
Edge
2021-01-26_090731.jpg (36.98 KiB) Viewed 2196 times
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Re: Chrome and phpBB

Post by jsachs »

I use Chrome all the time and have never seen this problem. You might try updating to the latest Chrome -- click the 3 dots icon in the upper right corner, select Help/About Google Chrome. Also check that you are running the 64-bit version.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

I keep fighting with this Chrome curse, and it seems that if I change the account which has no extensions installed, everything works as it did before. So my conclusion is that its one of the extensions that interferes with the phpBB. How do I find which one - turning them on and off one by one? Is there a way to diagnose it in some other way? Thanks!
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

Turning off extensions an Chrome applications didn't quite work either. An interesting part is that the same thing happen on two computers, on each of the two accounts that I'm using, but only when I log into the accounts (and thereby synchronize the extensions, or so I think).
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
tomczak

Post by tomczak »

For the record, I think I finally found it: it was Chrome browser extension "GPS Coordinates for Google Maps" that was messing things up...
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com