Copying selected images to batch

Moderator: jsachs

jsachs

Re: Copying selected images to batch

Post by jsachs »

It would be possible to treat a paste differently if the clipboard format was a list of pathnames, but I think it would be confusing if Paste sometimes did a Paste and sometimes a File Open. A more palatable option might be to add a different version of the Paste command that created a File Open transformation instead of a Paste transformation and was greyed out unless a list of pathnames was on the clipboard, but this functionality is redundant with Drag and Drop which is already implemented.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Re: Copying selected images to batch

Post by tomczak »

Ok, thanks! The only thing is that I'm a little reluctant to drag and drop files because I need to make two windows side by side (I typically switch between windows with Alt-Tab and they are are mostly full screen) and also that I have unpleasant experiences with dragging and dropping files between windows - there is almost always something that goes wrong. To make things worse, sometimes I have no mouse and need to use the mousepad on the laptop to do that, which is not as easy as it sounds.

I was thinking that maybe instead of making Paste ambiguous, perhaps this pasting of file paths ability could be only limited to within an open File Open dialog box? But if this is not an option, it's all good as it is... Cheers!
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com