Clone

Moderator: jsachs

Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Clone

Post by Marpel »

Seem to recall, mentioned something similar to this a while back, but can't find that post.

First, as an aside and a minor issue, if one clicks on Rotate-Mirror in the default favourites dialogue (dialogue, by the way that I think is great), Bilateral Sharpen tool comes up. Tried with other tools in this list and it seems this is the only one (didn't want to start a new post just for this).

Anyway -

Open image A > Clone Tool > Choose Source Image (B) > automatically shows B and A side by side and this is appropriately reflected in the dialogue > set Cursor to One to One > Shift + Click in image B > clone 2 or 3 separate strokes in A > press Undo button once > last clone stroke disappears > press undo again > second to last disappears > press undo again (to remove first stroke) > screen changes so only A remains in window, dialogue changes to "Display Preview" button, B still shows in the source image button > if click on Side by Side button, two images show in window but both are A. Can't figure out how to get the B/A side by side again without closing and restarting dialogue.

If this is the way it is supposed to work, how does one undo the first clone stroke and still have B and A side by side in window?

Marv
jsachs

Re: Clone

Post by jsachs »

Fixed Rotate-Mirror going forward. To fix your copy, remove and then add it again.

To get B back on the left in side-by-side display, click on its half-size thumbnail in the Image Browser (the small one just to the right of the Clone thumbnail). Each time you select a new image as a Source Image, a new half-size thumbnail gets added to Clone. You can then select which of them to use by clicking on the half-size thumbnail for the one you want to clone from.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Marpel
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Nikon D810

Post by Marpel »

Jonathan,

Thanks for the response.

And just so Im understanding this, if I set up the Clone tool and, after a single clone stroke, I realize I erred and merely wish to take one step back (by the Undo button) to erase that cloned area (leaving the dialogue as is and the two images side by side), I have to click four times (hit Undo, hit side by side button, reset cursor to one to one, click on source image mini thumbnail) before I can clone a new attempt?

Marv
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Yes, undo works one operation at a time so when you undo a stroke, the state is returned to just after the previous stroke.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color