.tmp instead of .tif

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

.tmp instead of .tif

Post by Robert Schleif »

Version 169 is saving my tif files as tmp instead. I don't think I've changed anything.
jsachs

Re: .tmp instead of .tif

Post by jsachs »

I am not seeing this problem here.

This symptom indicates there may be something wrong with your copy of ExifTool. If you save with metadata, PWP outputs a tmp file and then calls ExifTool to combine the metadata from the original file with the tmp file to produce the tif file and then deletes the tmp file. Or possibly it has to do with the metadata settings you are using. First make sure ExifTool is working and if so, let me know what File Save settings you are using.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
Robert Schleif

Post by Robert Schleif »

The problem occurs with the option "Save script with image files", but not with the option "Don't include script". EXIF data seems to be correctly written to the tmp files.
It looks like the problem is that the directory that is created to hold an image when I am saving a script with image files is misnamed. The directory is given the name xyz.tif when it should be xyz.images. Presumably Windows doesn't like this and changes the file name extension to .tmp.
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

OK, thanks -- that should give me enough information to reproduce and fix the problem for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
tomczak
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Fuji X-E2

Post by tomczak »

I reported a similar problem in this thread, but I couldn't reproduce the exact conditions causing it.

https://www.dl-c.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2747
Maciej Tomczak
Phototramp.com
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

I did find a problem if the script or workspace script filename had two extensions as in a.b.workspace. This has been fixed for the next release.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color