Linear gradient

Moderator: jsachs

Robert Schleif

Linear gradient

Post by Robert Schleif »

The numbers identifying control points are pretty small, and sometimes illegible, for example point number 2 on a vertical gradient going from the top to the bottom of a blank (white) image.
When I try to move a control point in the image (as opposed to on the gradient scale in the transformation window) one of two unexpected things happen: control points disappear or they refuse to move after a series of stutters in the display.
jsachs

Re: Linear gradient

Post by jsachs »

The numbers are actually the same size and font and the rest of the user interface text -- in order to be able to drag the control points around, they are displayed in XOR mode which can make them hard to read in some cases depending on the background they are drawn against, but easy to erase and redraw quickly. The problem you are seeing seems to be related to using a mid-gray background.

In any case, I changed the way XORed text is displayed for the next release and it should work better against different background colors.

The control points and lines move smoothly when I drag them here and do not disappear.

I did also just notice that the control points in Oval and Sweep gradients are unlabeled.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color