v8.0.122 Composite-Blend transformation with 2-point (shift, rotate, scale) alignment

Moderator: jsachs

den
What is the make/model of your primary camera?: Canon EOS-350D/Fuji X100T

v8.0.122 Composite-Blend transformation with 2-point (shift, rotate, scale) alignment

Post by den »

A "ctrl-shift mouse left-click hold drag" moves the Overlay image in the opposite direction of the mouse movement over the Input image.

...den...
jsachs

Re: v8.0.122 Composite-Blend transformation with 2-point (shift, rotate, scale) alignment

Post by jsachs »

Not seeing this here.

It may depend on which image you have selected. Dragging the control points in the base image moves the overlay image in the same direction. Dragging the control points in the overlay image shifts the overlay in the opposite direction, but this is normal.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den

Re: v8.0.122 Composite-Blend transformation with 2-point (shift, rotate, scale) alignment

Post by den »

I will study this some more... ...there seems to be a relationship between the "Ov" and "In" display modes, when moving and downsizing the Overlay image.

If the Input and Overlay images are the same size, then moving the Overlay with "ctrl-shift left-click" does not appear to be available in "Ov" display mode but is available when downsizing, i.e. the Input image is smaller then the Overlay image.

Will not be able to immediately follow up... ...thx

The transform is working and I am able to accomplish the desired result.

...den...
jsachs

Post by jsachs »

Yes, the Ov and In was what I was referring to in my previous reply. When you move the alignment points in the overlay (Ov) image, the overlay image moves in the opposite direction so as to bring its alignment points into coincidence with the ones in the base (In) image.

Whether the two images are the same size or not, I can Ctrl-Shift left drag the alignment points in either image. Bear in mind that it may move one or more alignment points outside the image so you cannot see them unless you zoom out.
Jonathan Sachs
Digital Light & Color
den

Post by den »

The original post concern most likely arose from not realizing that the transform dialog was not active as it was hidden under an open and active Overlay Mask dialog at times during my workflow.

Investigating further, it became evident that the normally highlighted transform title bar and/or an open mask tool title bar do not stay highlighted when making dialog setting changes and/or mouse click selections/shifts in the browser display.

Not knowing which is active, the transform dialog or the mask dialog, does not make it easy to perform the desired and differing mouse icon functions in the browser display without additional mouse clicks.

For my Laptop display, 1366x768 pixels, it is very easy for a mask dialog (especially in Brightness Curve mode) to be on top of the transform title bar. If the mask dialog title bar is not highlighted, I assume that the transformation is the active dialog if inadvertently hidden.

...den...
P.S. Display mode selection: "In" and "Ov" does indeed determine the direction of a shift as Jonathan describes above. It is a matter of your "point of view" !!!